Why Huntingdon County?
Starting a business can be a rewarding and fruitful commitment. However, there are times when the entrepreneur may need assistance. Huntingdon County Business and Industry (HCBI), along with our partner agencies, will provide the necessary resources and counseling to make start-up businesses as well-situated as possible.
Huntingdon County Business and Industry
Since HCBI's inception in 1912, we have focuses on three major aspects of assistance in initiating entrepreneurial activities Planning, Locating, and Financing. Over time our success with these activities has been measured twofold. The first is in our assistance of nearly 60 businesses and aspiring entrepreneurs each year, leading to significant positive changes for Huntingdon County. The second is the pride we share in being one of the many local organizations that has the opportunity to give back to the extraordinary people who live here.
- Assist in the initial steps of the business plan creation
- Provide counseling throughout the business plan's development
- Identify target markets and analyze what strategies will capture them most effectively
- Finding successful opportunities for advertisement in the area
- Develop short and long-term financial projections
- Determine the optimal geographic location for the business
- Seek out properties that will serve the needs of the business
- Review local zoning codes
- Coordinate and attend 'site tours' of potential property purchases
- Manage a collection of low-interest loans and tax credits
- Create a financial package which will work best for the entrepreneur
- Maintain access to revolving loan funds on the county, state and federal levels
- With the permission of clients, will work directly with his or her bank during business development